This page of resources aims to provide essential information for carers to help them assess, plan and care for patients who have an advancing life-limiting illness.
Information about Palliative and End of Life Care
- What is palliative care?
- Asking questions can help
- Australian Department of Health: My End of Life Care
- Conversation Guide – What matters to me?
- What do you want for your end-of-life care?
- Caring for your mob at the end of their life
- CarerHelp is a website for Australian Carers who are taking care of a partner, relative or friend who is at the end of life
Resources from NSW Health for multicultural communities and people with a disability
Information about Advance Care Planning
- Advance Care Planning Australia website: https://www.advancecareplanning.org.au/
- Advance Care Planning Australia:
- NSW Planning Ahead website: https://planningaheadtools.com.au/
- NSW Health ACP: Making Your Wishes Known
- NSW Health Advance Care Directive
- NSW Health ACP: Introductory Guide for People with Mental Illness
- Palliative Care Australia Dying to Talk website: https://dyingtotalk.org.au/
- Palliative Care Australia:
Information about Symptom Management
- Palliative Care Australia:
- CareSearch including palliAGED:
Increasing palliative care knowledge for patients, carers, families and health professionals.
Information about the Last Days of Life
- Palliative Care Australia: The dying process
- NSW Health Clinical Excellence Commission - Last Days of Life Toolkit
- Asking questions can help – for people approaching the last days of life
- Asking questions can help – for friends and carers of people approaching the last days of life
- What to consider when your family member or friend has expressed a wish to go home from hospital to die at home
- Family/carer information regarding care in the last days of life
- Family/carer information regarding medications in the last days of life
- When a person dies in hospital – what to expect and what to do next
- When someone dies at home – what should you do?
Information about what to do after someone has died
Information about Grief and Bereavement
- NSW Health Clinical Excellence Commission – Last Days of Life Toolkit: understanding your grief
- Palliative Care Australia: Understanding your grief
- Managing feelings - what can I expect to feel?
- Taking care of yourself - how do you do this?
- What do I need to know? Some practical tips
- Bereavement - caring doesn't stop when a life ends
- Griefline Integrating Grief Program
Support and counselling Services
- Western NSW PHN Palliative Care – Bereavement Services
- Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement (including counselling service): https://www.grief.org.au/
- Bereavement Care Centre (including counselling service): http://www.bereavementcare.com.au/
- BeyondBlue (including urgent telephone and online counselling service): https://www.beyondblue.org.au/
- Canteen: https://www.canteen.org.au/
- Good Grief: https://www.goodgrief.org.au/
- GriefLine (including urgent telephone and online counselling service): https://griefline.org.au/
- LifeLine (including urgent telephone and online counselling service): https://www.lifeline.org.au/
- Kids Helpline: https://kidshelpline.com.au/
- National Centre for Loss and Grief (NSW) (including counselling service): https://www.nalag.org.au/