Dealing with Depression in Rural Australia (Forbes)
|Saturday, 9 December 2023 9.00am - 5.00pm AEST
|Club Forbes, Function Room, 41-43 Templar Street Forbes NSW 2871
Depression is a common condition frequently managed in primary care. Identifying and managing depression in a rural context presents a unique set of challenges for health care in their communities.
Dealing with Depression in Rural Australia is a highly interactive, multidisciplinary program developed specifically to address the needs of clinicians delivering health care for people presenting with depression in a rural setting.
Using a case-based problem solving format, the program outlines a practical framework for assessment and management planning readily applicable to primary care.
- Differentiate between the differing sub-types of clinical depression
- Recognise the contribution of biological, social and psychological factors to the current depressive episode
- Assess and manage risk in the depressed patient
- Select pharmacological treatment best suited to the individual patient
- Develop a comprehensive mental health treatment plan derived from the formulation of the depressive episode