HCP Education Webinar – Supporting patient participation in the National Bowel Cancer Screening Program
|When||Mon 08 Aug 2022 1:00 PM to 1:30 PM|
The Department of Health, GPEx and the Jodi Lee Foundation invite GPs, Practice Nurses and their clinics to attend a free 30-minute webinar focusing on the skills and knowledge they need to support their patient’s participation in the National Bowel Cancer Screening Program (NBCSP).
Topics covered in the webinar include:
- The roles of the GP and Practice Nurse;
- Patient eligibility and relevant clinical information;
- How to complete the bowel cancer screening home test;
- Understanding test results; and
- Where to find further tools and resources.
Did you know?
- Bowel cancer is the second most common cause of cancer-related deaths in Australia.
- Australia has one of the highest rates of bowel cancer in the world.
- All Australians aged 50-74 receive a free bowel cancer screening test as part of the National Bowel Cancer Screening Program (NBCSP), but only 43.5% of Australians who receive the test complete it.
Many people do not experience bowel cancer symptoms until the cancer has become more advanced, but if detected early over 90% of bowel cancers can be successfully treated.
Early detection saves lives.
For more information regarding the webinar series, please contact Joshua Penley, Program Success Manager at GPEx.