New MBS Items for Allied Health & Mental Health Services in Residential Aged Care Facilities
|When||Tuesday 24 August 2021 from 7:25pm - 8:25pm|
Kim Poyner | Trainer, RN, PN, PCC, NBC-HWC, MediCoach
Riwka Hagen | Principal Consultant, Medical Business Services
Join the presenters to explore appropriate service streams for RACF residents for allied and mental health services and to discuss benefits of care coordination.
- 7.25pm Login
- 7.30pm Welcome, Acknowledgement of Country & Introduction
- 7.35pm Segment 1 – New temporary items and why
- -Why have new items been developed?
- -Explanation of the limited types of additional Allied Health Services.
- Outline of GP, Allied Health and Mental Health MBS items, rebates and descriptors
- Group services
- Referring and eligibility complexities for additional services
- Outline of evidence-based benefits
Segment 3 - Referring residents to appropriate Allied Health and Mental Health Services
- Availability of services
- PHN commissioned services
- The referral and review process
Segment 4 – Care coordination for RACF patients
- Using the practice and RACF team to coordinate care
- 8.20pm Case study & interactive panel discussion / Q&A
- 8.30pm Evaluation
- 8.35pm Close