Under this new panel arrangement, up to 150 existing, accredited primary care practices, which may include former GP Respiratory Clinics (GPRC) if they meet the standard criteria to participate, would be held in reserve to be activated as needed in response to the emergence of another COVID-19 wave or other major health respiratory emergency.
During periods of activation, GPRCP participants will be provided access to a new MBS Item (bulk-billed) for each respiratory consultation. Upon activation, they will also be eligible to claim a Practice Incentive Payment (PIP) equivalent to their PIP QI payment per 3-month period. Participating clinics will be able to provide their usual services through standard MBS Items while activated, they will not be constrained to only providing services under the GPRCP.
How to apply
- Register on AusTender at New User Registration: AusTender (tenders.gov.au) - AusTender is the Australian Government’s procurement information system.
- Once registered, navigate to Current ATM View - Health/23/325151: AusTender (tenders.gov.au) – here you will find a link to the ‘ATM Documents’ and ‘Lodgement Page’
- Tenders must be lodged electronically via AusTender before the Closing Time (AEDT)
- If Tenderers need to lodge material that cannot be submitted via AusTender, Tenderers should contact the Contact Officer at email GPRC@health.gov.au prior to Closing Time to make arrangements for its submission.
- Where a Tender lodgement consists of multiple uploads, due to the number and/or size of the files, Tenderers must ensure that transmission of all files is completed and receipted before the Closing Time and clause 9.4 will only apply to the final upload.
- The Department will accept Tenders lodged in Microsoft Word 2003 (or above), or PDF format
- The Tender file name/s should:
- Incorporate the Tenderer’s company name; and
- Reflect the various parts of the bid they represent, where the Tender comprises multiple files.
- Tender response files should not exceed a combined file size of 5 megabytes per upload.
- Tenders must be completely self-contained. No hyperlinked or other material may be incorporated by reference.
- 5 January 2023: Tender opens on AusTender
- 19 January 2023 (2 pm): Enquiries close
- 9 February 2023 (2 pm): Responses close
- March 2023: Panel commences
For further information or assistance, please email the team at GPRC@health.gov.au