Western NSW Primary Health Network (WNSW PHN) has opened applications for its Nurse Practitioner Scholarship Program.
The Nurse Practitioner Scholarship Program aims to provide financial assistance for Registered Nurses to complete a Master of Nurse Practitioner course externally through the Queensland University of Technology.
This initiative is focused on building the Nurse Practitioner workforce in the WNSW PHN region and planning for the future models of health care provision. Seven scholarships are available, one of which is identified for an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person working in the region. Each scholarship is valued up to $94,000 over two years and includes the payment of course fees (through the NSW Rural Doctors Network Health Workforce Scholarship Program – click here for eligibility criteria), a mentor program to transition from a Nurse to a Nurse Practitioner role, and support for living expenses while studying.
The WNSW PHN Nurse Practitioner Scholarship Program is supported by the NSW Rural Doctors Network, the Australian College of Nurse Practitioners, the Australian Primary Health Care Nurses Association and the Queensland University of Technology.
WNSW PHN will create a supportive network for all scholarship recipients providing additional learning opportunities and access to mentors in our region. Once studies are completed, scholarship recipients will be expected to remain working in the WNSW PHN region for a minimum of two years.
To be considered for this role, you will need to:
- Current registration as a nurse (Division 1) without conditions with the Australian Health
- Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- A completed postgraduate qualification from a recognised higher education institution in a relevant clinical field.
- A minimum of four years fulltime (or equivalent) clinical practical experience as a Registered Nurse in primary care.
- A minimum two years of experience recently working in the WNSW PHN region and be currently working in the region in primary care (please see map below).
- A strong interest in working in primary care in regional, rural and remote communities.
- A letter supporting advanced practice from employer.
How to Apply?
To apply, please click here to complete the Expression of Interest form. You will also need to upload your Curriculum Vitae and a letter supporting advanced practice (click here for the template) in this form.
Applications close at 11:59pm, Monday 11 January 2021.
For more information on the Nurse Practitioner Scholarship Program, please contact Carla Roots on 0436 322 818 or via email at: email@example.com