Events Calendar Upcoming Events
WNSW PHN: Type 2 Diabetes ECHO Series
February 15 - 7.00pm - 8.00pm DST
Join a multidisciplinary panel in an online learning network to share cases and discuss Type 2 Diabetes in adults, covering topics such as optimising medication management, T2DM remission, and low-carb & ketogenic diets for people with T2DM.
Dr Alex Hoyle GP
Dr Martin Watson GP
Dr Madhuri Velagala Dietitian & Credentialled Diabetes Educator
Dr Catherine Stewart GP & ECHO Facilitator
What’s Project ECHO all about?
Project ECHO® (Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes) is a collaborative model of medical education, case discussion and peer learning. GPs and other healthcare professionals are able to access evidence-based, multidisciplinary information for their patients with type 2 diabetes from a panel of experts as well as their peers. Take a look at this short video on ECHO, created by the Children’s Hospital Queensland.
- Increase your skill and competence in patient management
- Acquire CPD hours
- Receive access to multidisciplinary advice for your patients
- Become part of an engaged and supportive community of practice
- GPs presenting a case may be able to claim the MBS Case Conferencing Item No.
What’s involved for participants?
- Ability to attend up to four one-hour Zoom sessions per series
- Willingness to present one brief patient case study during the series
- Provide feedback via short evaluations
- Individualise diabetes management strategies & monitoring based on treatment algorithms and patient-specific factors
- Discuss latest evidence-based lifestyle modifications as an essential part of diabetes management
- Assess and address patient-related factors and barriers to management